+ I think I have been a victim of theft. Now what do I do?
If you believe you have been a victim of theft – ACT FAST! Call any business where you believe identity theft took place. Ask to speak to the fraud department and tell them you are concerned that your identity has been stolen. Close or freeze accounts if necessary.
- Order a credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com
- Place fraud alerts with credit bureaus.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov
- File a police report. In and around Wichita, call your local police substation. If you are unsure where that is, start with their website www.wichita.gov.
- Call us! Our staff is trained and ready to help you walk through this process.